Male Pattern Baldness
It is important to understand the progression of hair loss for an effective cure. There are various patterns starting from receding hairline, thinning at the crown of the head, general thinning of the hair.
Male hair loss is often referred to as “male pattern baldness” called as androgenetic alopecia, is caused by a combination of genetic predisposition and male sex hormones. which affect 90%of men.
Male Hair Loss
Frequently asked questions to help you get understanding about hair thinning & hair loss.
1. The most common causes of hair loss?
Common factors causing hair loss include the following:
1. Hormonal imbalances, Diseases (e.g. thyroid diseases)
2. Prescription drugs (e.g. antidepressants, heart medications, )
3. Protein/iron deficient diet
4. Excessive use of cosmetics, hair styling products.
5. Cancer treatments.
2. How much hair loss normal for one day?
If you already see a group of hair falling off this is already a cause for alarm. but usually shedding of hairs approx 40 to 50 is normal.
3. Can a hat or helmet wear cause hair loss?
Constantly wearing a hat or helmet does not cause any harm. This is one of the common misconceptions that a lot of people have. Still, we recommend wearing loose hat & helmet to avoid traction.
4. Hair loss often affects males in which age group?
Common in males who are in their mid-twenties, 50% of males affects as they reach 50. It starts with receding hairline, thinning, gradual shedding followed by baldness.
5. What predisposing factors for hair loss in men?
Genetics and hormonal imbalance lead to androgenetic alopecia men become genetically at risk for an imbalance of androgen/male hormones. stress, and underlying medical conditions, diet pattern can also aggravate hair loss.
6. Treatments option available for male hair loss?
Treatments available today which range from the natural therapies, medical therapies to surgical treatments.
a. Medical treatments Herbal treatment considered a safe and natural possess restorative and strengthening action for the hair. other multivitamins & anti-hormonal tablets are also useful in hair loss & hair thinning.
b. Hair Transplant Surgical hair restoration involves the removal of hair grafts from the donor area and then implanted right over the bald or thinning areas. This considered the most effective treatment option for baldness. our in-house technique MHI ( modified hair implantation) is the latest advanced technique which gives guaranteed safe, natural dense outcomes.
c. Laser treatment/ laser combs Laser combs /treatment increase blood circulation as laser energy is directed over the bald site. Along with other treatments it can help to promote healing and better hair growth.
d. PRP/ Mesotherapy Injecting artificial growth factors or derived from our own blood, it will promote circulation & nutrition which help in hair loss /hair thinning.
7. A Good candidate for hair transplant surgery?
Hair restoration surgery can significantly improve appearance and confidence in the right candidate. However, not all are a perfect candidate for the surgery. realistic expectations before undergoing a hair transplant procedure is a must The best candidates for MHI hair restoration surgery are:
• Hair loss due to male pattern baldness who have progressed to class 3 or above on the Norwood Scale.
• FEMALES having female pattern hair loss
• Traction alopecia.
• A person who has been balding for many years, whose baldness has stabilized, and who wanted youthful appearance.
• Hair loss due to trauma, burns& medication both men & women
• Hair loss due to other cosmetic procedures, scars both men & women.
8. Best way to prevent hair loss from bad to worse?
Best way to control hair loss is a healthy diet and lifestyle, and promoting overall good health along with medication & hair transplant in baldness.